"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1
As you prepare to spend time with family and friends, eating food, watching football, eating leftovers, playing board games, eating more leftovers, napping and, did I mention eating leftovers, don't forget to take time and give thanks to God. Below are some thoughts on things to be thankful for...
1. God's Character: "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145:8
2. God's Word (Bible): "The Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled." Romans 15:4
3. The Church: "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." I Corinthians 12:27
4. Health and Healing: "Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalm 103:3
5. God's Leading: "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:5
6. Rest and Relaxation: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
Join us on Sunday at 9:30am, as we conclude our mini-series--Portraits of Thanksgiving. This week, we will turn our attention to the life of Jesus. Who else to better model our lives after than the Son of God. In John 6:1-13, Jesus walked his disciples through a lesson on how to be thankful. Join us as we gather together to worship God passionately and grow to know Him deeply.
Adult Discipleship Class Study: Stick around after our service as we continue our study through Psalm 119. Psalm 119 is a heartfelt prayer from the Psalmist, that can be used as a tool to transform your affection to love God's Word more.
James Everett Update: Please see the message below from James:
"Hey Calvary Parkside! We are so excited to be joining you in person in the next month! We have heard that many of you are eager to help us get settled in our new home and we are so thankful. This is a list of furniture items we will be scouring Facebook marketplace for when we arrive. If you have an item that meets one of these needs and would like to donate, please send me a picture via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ali and I can let you know if it meets our needs at this time. Again, we are already so blessed by your generous hearts towards our family, so thank you! See you soon!"
Medium firmness queen mattress and frame
twin size bed
table and chairs (6)
brown leather sofa
Deck the Halls: November 28th 2pm to 8pm. This year, we have invited the other campus churches to join us as we come together and prepare our campus for the Christmas season! Sign-up this Sunday at the Next Step table.
Rose City Flute Choir Holiday Concert: Sunday, December 3rd at 2:00pm. Calvary Parkside will once again host this year's Rose City Flute Choir's annual holiday concert. Join with others from the Beaverton community for a fun afternoon of Christmas music, food and fellowship.
Christmas Eve at Calvary Parkside: Make plans now to join us for this year's Christmas Eve service. Since December 24th falls on a Sunday, we will be joining with the other churches that share our campus for very special Christmas Eve celebration. This multi-cultural Christmas service will include Christmas music presented in Mandarin, Korean, Spanish and English; scripture reading and prayers in multiple languages; and a time to reflect on the birth of our Savior, Jesus. The morning kicks-off at 10:00am with light snacks, followed by our Christmas Eve service at 10:30am. More details to come!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
See you Sunday!